Friday 10 February 2012

Limiting Forum Time

I love internet Forums- If its on a topic I'm interested in I could literally read other people's comments and opinions for days on end and sometimes I do! While this is fun and educational, it can suck away massive amounts of time I could be using to be productive. Some simple tips I've decided to use from now on is:
  • Know you can only devote a set amount of time to a forum and be conscious of the clock. For example, Limit forum browsing to up to an hour every other day. Feel free to finish browsing posts or commenting before the hour has finished.
  • Focus only on topics which really interest you and try to ignore topics of partial interest.
  • Don't waste time on long rant posts, especially if they're bitching about their  lives. While the act of giving/listening and being empathetic is important, remember I've got my own problems I need to sort out first, rather than try to offer advice or support to others. Instead look for posts which will positively benefit my life.
  • Avoid topics and conversations with several pages of replies and instead stick to reading topics with up to 1 page of responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment